Friday, April 24, 2009

Let Me Get Something Straight

This is my blog. I reserve the right to be unreasonable on my blog. This blog is my own semi-private forum where I post what I think. I have comments enabled on my blog so that you respond to what I think.

Comments are a privilege provided by me. I provide them as a service so you can respond on how you think on what I post. I welcome any and all comments. However, this is my blog and I reserve the right to censor comments if I choose to do so. I can even close comments down. This blog does not represent a company, it does not represent the government: it represents me. One individual person. All I ask is that comments are made within context of the post. You think Creating is boring, make a comment that it is.

If you want to write a responsive argument, you may do so. I have comments enabled so you can voice your opinions on what I think. So lets take a look at what this reponse is more critically, and refute it.

"A belief in magical creation is boring because it's a childish idea that requires no thinking."

There are some key words here: magical, and childish. There is also a key phrase here -- no thinking. Lets debunk the first:

Magic, sometimes known as sorcery, is a conceptual system that asserts human ability to control or predict the natural world (including events, objects, people, and physical phenomena) through mystical, paranormal or supernatural means.

So, what is magic anyway in this context? So in this context, all I have to do is wave a wand and a woman would instantly appear, willing and able to do my bidding at every opportunity? Really? Is that magic? Has anyone really taught you the Law of Attraction and the Law of the Harvest? What do you take me for? Some kind of magician that will instantly get what he wants in physical form? Didn't you even take Quantum Physics in your university program?

Childish is b : lacking complexity in the context of that remark. Lacking in complexity? When Darwin wrote the Origin of the Species, he saw the human cell as childish. But microbiology has revealed this to be not the case. By what authority do you have to make such a remark?

. . . idea that requires no thinking. What do you mean that it requires no thinking? So, you think I don't think? By whose authority do you have to make such a judgment? Thinking is the act of creating energy. A thought is an energy construct. We do this all the time. So this idea of creation requires no thinking? What kind of a statement is that? Hasn't anyone taught you the Law of Attraction?

"t's much more interesting to solve scientific problems instead of giving up and saying god-did-it."

But, in what way are you going to apply your new knowledge? By bashing other people who want to apply it in a certain way? Is that a practical way of applying new knowledge? What does that attract to you?

"By the way, Ben Stein is a fucking idiot and a liar."

Why are you attacking Ben Stein on my blog? This isn't Ben Stein's blog, this my blog. So, you can believe and say he's a fucking idiot and a liar. But really, I think he's a courageous person for producing the documentary in the first place. It is you who is an ignorant know-it-all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...