Saturday, May 9, 2009

HATE . . . What is it?

Its high time to blog about something that pushes a lot of buttons. This is hate. So, why am I, a person who is highly spiritual, blogging about hate? As a person who understands love, I have come to understand hate. It's simple, really.

Love is total acceptance of a person. Hate is varying degrees of non-acceptance. Why is this so? Hate is usually associated with anger, right? Hate is Hitler and his final solution. Hate is the Hatemonger, making people hate. Hate is certainly not pride, or non-acceptance, you've got to be wrong about hate right?

Sadly, I am not wrong in my belief, my conclusions. But, you say, Aristotle viewed hate as a desire for the annihilation of an object that is incurable by time. And certainly Rene Descartes viewed hate as an awareness that something is bad, combined with an urge to withdraw from it. And even Sigmund Freud defined hate as an ego state that wishes to destroy the source of its unhappiness. Finally, Baruch Spinoza defined hate as a type of pain that is due to an external cause.

But, I assert, hate is varying degrees of non-acceptance. Hate is, by every definition, the complete opposite of love. And since Love is total acceptance, hate is non-acceptance. I see hate in the wife that henpicks her loving husband. "Take out the trash!" "Do the dishes!" "Put down that video game and do what I tell you!" "You are not getting any sex tonight!"

I see hate in the husband that jokes about not loving his wife every time he kisses her. "I don't love you." *kiss* Or jokes to his mother in law who says: "At least you love my daughter." Husband: "No I don't." *grin*

Hate is definitely in feelings of *racism.* Hate is also in inequality. Statements like "I'm better than you." shows a degree of hate. Hate is in the ugliness of pride. Pride in your dress, the way you walk. Hate is a result of wanting to show your separate from your fellow neighbor. You believe you are separate, then comes feelings of being better, being the best. But this is so wrong in one's thinking. True hate -- showing you do not accept a thing, person, or group -- as they are; is something we all experience here on Earth.

So, this begs the question: why am I writing about this?

Because. Simply because I don't desire a hate filled marriage from one partner or both of us. Hate is a terrible thing, it is a cancer if the desire for separation -> Divorce -> isn't or cannot be fulfilled. Feelings of hatred towards my potential spouse, or feelings of hatred from my potential spouse can invite feelings of being unloved. It can, if allowed to go far, bring infidelity into the marriage on the part of one or both spouses. Or worse yet, one spouse may feel that the marriage is a curse rather than a blessing.

Why does this concern me? Actually, it doesn't. But, my best friend is in a marriage where her husband does not love her. I love my best friend, she is the principle reason why I desire to be Creator (other than I feel better myself being a Creator -- yes, Uncle, that's a capitol "C". And I understand you found all of my blogs, Uncle Robert Robb, so I "know" you are reading this post).

I desire with all my heart for my best friend to be with me. But she is in a hell of her own making. Fortunately for her, her marriage is fragile and won't survive. The Savior said this about her marriage:

And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world amarry, and are given in marriage:
35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain athat world, and the bresurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in cmarriage:
36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the aangels; and are the bchildren of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Luke 20: 34-36

When I studied these scriptures, I was given hope for my best friend. I cannot have my best friend now, but I desire her very much so she can complete me and I can complete her.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...