Races in the Age of Leo pretty much include: Giant humans, Lemurians, Atlanteans, Half-Atlanteans, and Homo Sapiens. Other races: such as elves, halflings, and such; would be Dimensional Beings or Astronauts from other civilizations beyond the stars. These are Race templates for use in the game.
The Humans of Earth are split into four races during the Age of Leo. Homo gigantes which were a giant human (called Giants in the Earth in the Bible), the Atlanteans, the Caananites, the Khitanni, and Homo sapiens. Human characters range from scientists, to adventurers, to the occasional (and rare) 21st Century transplant in the form of a high school student.
Human Racial Template
Except for H. gigantes, all humans have the same template in game terms. In culture, the four human races have different tendencies. The traits are:
- +2 to One Ability Score: Human characters get a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature. (1 point)
- Medium: Humans are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size. (0 Points)
- Normal Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet. (0 points)
- Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level. (2 points)
- Skilled: Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level. (3 points)
- Languages: Humans begin play speaking The World Wide Language. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Total Value: 6 character points.
- Final Cost: 0 character points.
Physically, they represent the human norm. About six feet tall and about 150 lbs. in weight. A mighty people based in the Americas, Atlanteans have spread out forming colonies in Europe, Africa, and parts of Asia. The largest colonies of Atlantean culture are in Atlantis, Lemuria, and Zion. The Atlantean genes will live on in the descendants of Shem and his wife, and those Indo-Europeans that favor Japheth.
The Canaanites also have the distinction of creating the first instance of Organized Crime. Cain and his brothers created the first secret organization in which Cain planned and executed the first murder. Canaanites resemble the people of Kush. They are dark skinned, ranging from brown to black. They were the first city builders, building the city of Nod near the land of Mu. They range from 5 ft tall to about 6 ft 5 inches tall. The Canaanite genes will live on in the descendants of Ham, more specifically in those who would settle in India and sub-Saharan Africa.
The Egyptians, as we know them, favor their father Ham over the Canaanite, Egyptian princess he married. They will be white, with red hair and maybe a little blonde. However, they will be cursed according to the Priesthood.
The Khitanni have yellow skin and distinct facial features. Their eyes are slits, they have black, straight hair, and they are about five feet six inches tall to about five feet eleven inches tall.
The Khitanni genes will live on in those Indo-Europeans who favor Japheth's wife and the Hittites. Eventually, colonies in Asia after the great flood will become present day China. To this day, the Chinese honor Noah in the form of a goddess named Nu-Wa.
H. Sapiens represents a mixture of these races and the "Beasts of the Field" spoken of in the Bible. They will make up the Heathen Nations spread throughout the world. H. Sapiens are the cave men, the stone age cultures of hunter gathers and farmers during the Age of Leo located in Europe and the Middle East. H. Sapiens include the Natufian culture as well as the Hunter Gatherers of Europe, Prehistoric Europeans. H. Sapiens evolved from monkey stock that may have been tinkered with to spur evolution (there are 250 genes in the human genome that cannot be accounted for).
Life is brutish and short for these people. However, they do produce fair daughters which attract men of the other races, above. H. Sapiens are characterized by their height, which varies between 3 feet (dwarves), to about seven feet tall. H. Sapiens are as smart, and as industrious as we are. H. sapiens genes live on in the RH Factor in the blood of most humans today, meaning that somewhere in the line of patriarchs there were intermixing with the "Beasts of the Field."
Giant Humans, H. Gigantes, are a genetically engineered race by Atlantean or Khitanni design. Purposefully created, they are large of stature by doubling the human genome. H. Gigantes have 84 chromosomes instead of the usual 42. Giant humans were used to help build megalithic monuments including Baalbek. Giant humans may be of H. Sapiens stock instead of the stock of the other three races. These Giants are engineered to stand 12 feet to 20 feet tall.
Little is known about the Giants in the days of the Age of Leo. It is known that some of them became men of great renown, as the heroes of old. We have only skeletons and pictures of excavations, though, to prove that they exist. Called the Nephilim in the bible, they are not the product of Angels mating with the children of Men. Rather, they are genetically engineered purposefully to have 84 chromosomes. Question is, do the giants live on? Well, in the case of Goliath they did, although Goliath was only a dwarf -- nine feet tall -- compared to his mother and father and siblings. Which means someone did genetic experiments after the flood.
Giant Racial Template:
- Of Large stature: Giants are of large stature (about double that of humans) and have the Giant subtype. (3 Character Points)
- +2 to one Ability Score: Giants are the result of doubling the human chromosome. So they are still human in every way possible. (1 point)
- Increased Speed: Giant humans have a speed of 50 feet. (Point cost: 2)
- Bonus Feat: Giant humans also select one extra feet at 1st level (2 points)
- Languages: Giants begin by speaking the World Wide Language. Giants with high intelligence scores may choose any language they want.
- Total value: 8 points
- Final Cost: 2
DIMENSIONAL BEINGS AND CROSSOVERS
For GMs who want a really weird game, their could have been other races that could exist in your game. Races such as elves, shapechangers, dwarves, and halflings are not at all impossible in a game based on pure fantasy.
Dragon folk have the reptilian features of dragons with a humanoid frame. Appearing to be the descendants of a great Dragon God, the dragon folk have crossed into Earth either by dimensional gate crossing or by more fanciful means.
The Dragon folk have colonies in Europe, South Africa, and possibly Mu. Dragonfolk stand about six feet tall and range from golden in color to a rich red brown. They are mystics and warriors, capable of learning the Wizardly arts and the arts of the blade. There are no Dragon Folk fossils that have been found.
Dragon Folk Template:
- Ability Scores: +2 strength (1 Character Point), +2 Charisma (1 character point)
- Base Movement: Dragon Folk move at 30 feet. (0 Character Point)
- Dragon Skilled: The Dragon Folk are highly skilled, and have one rank of Highly Skilled (1 point)
- Dragon Training: Dragon Folk have one rank of Attack Combat Mastery (3 points)
- Dragon Breath: Dragon folk have a special attack that is freezing, acidic, fiery, plasmatic, or poisonous. (damage 1d8, Flare, Spreading, Short Range, Toxic) (4 points)
- Languages: Dragon Folk start out knowing Draconic. They can learn the World Wide Language also. (0 points)
- Total Value: 9 points.
- Final Cost: 3 Character Points.
dwarf by ~shonensan on deviantART
Dwarves are from another world in another dimension. They are a stoic race that are found in colonies in Eastern Europe. More than any other race, the dwarves have acquired a reputation as dour and humorless craftsmen of the earth. It could be said that dwarven history shapes the dark disposition of many dwarves, for they reside in high mountains and dangerous realms below the earth, constantly at war with giants, goblins, and other such horrors.
Dwarves are a short and stocky race, and stand about a foot shorter than most humans, with wide, compact bodies that account for their burly appearance. Male and female dwarves pride themselves
on the length of their hair, and men often decorate their beards with a variety of clasps and intricate braids. A cleanshaven male dwarf is a sure sign of madness, or worse—no one familiar with their race trusts a beardless dwarf. If there are any Dwarven fossils, they would be no different from that of a small human's.
Dwarf Racial Template:
- +2 Constitution (+1 point), +2 Wisdom (+1 point), –2 Charisma (-1 point): Dwarves are both tough and wise, but also a bit gruff.
- Medium: Dwarves are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size. (0 points)
- Slow and Steady: Dwarves have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance. (-1 point)
- Darkvision: Dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet. (see darkvision) (+1 point).
- Defensive Training: Dwarves get a +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the giant subtype. (+2 points)
- Greed: Dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus on Appraise skill checks made to determine the price of nonmagical goods that contain precious metals or gemstones. (+1 point)
- Hardy: Dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities. (+1 point)
- Stability: Dwarves receive one rank in Defense Combat Mastery. (2 points)
- Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves are proficient with battleaxes, heavy picks, and warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word “dwarven” in its name as a martial weapon. (0 point)
- Languages: Dwarves begin play speaking Common and Dwarven. Dwarves with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Terran, and Undercommon. (0 point)
- Total Value: 6 character points
- Final Cost: 0 Character Points
NEXT: More races of Atlantis favoring the fantastic side.