In honor of the Nude Blogging Movement, I said I would post two articles today. One was already posted for Anaximander; the first Greek Philosopher. Now its time to post about wholesome social and family nudity. Naturism and Nudism seem to be the solution to the problem of the Salt Lakers' consumption of Pornography. However, since we are focusing on results rather than on what is inside, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has an Annual sermon on Pornography (or bi-annual) every General Conference of the Church.
The latest sermon, given by Elder Dallin H. Oaks, serves as a reminder of how awful Pornography is to society and the changes that it is making. Clearly, because of Pornography's affect on a relationship between a husband and a wife and his children, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is typically against Pornography. Indeed, the Church is anti-Pornography and it makes no apology for the fact because Pornography can change the relationship dynamic in a family. Believe me, the Apostles and Seventies of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints hate Pornography as much as you do and its painful for them to speak out against it in General Conference. But, it seems that there is no other way but to preach Pornography avoidance. However, we live in a totally different world than what we had fifty years ago. Clearly it isn't working, as Bishops complain that one in three cases of morality that they deal with in the office deals with the "evil" of pornography. Is there another solution to the problem?
First, lets examine "the problem." The simple problem is a simple Law called the Law of Cause and Effect. The Law of Cause and Effect is divided into two other simple laws: the Law of the Harvest and the Law of Attraction. This Law and it's counterparts were first described by Sir Issac Newton in Natural Philosophic/Scientific terms as "Newton's Laws of Motion." The Laws of Motion are stated as thus:
- An object at rest tends to stay at rest and an object in motion tends to stay in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.
- The acceleration of an object as produced by a net force is directly proportional to the magnitude of the net force, in the same direction as the net force, and inversely proportional to the mass of the object.
- For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction.
The Law of Attraction and how all Kingdoms are governed by Law:
All kingdoms have a law given;
And there are many kingdoms; for there is no space in the which there is no kingdom; and there is no kingdom in which there is no space, either a greater or a lesser kingdom.
And unto every kingdom is given a law; and unto every law there are certain bounds also and conditions.
All beings who abide not in those conditions are not justified.
For intelligence cleaveth unto intelligence; wisdom receiveth wisdom; truth embraceth truth; virtue loveth virtue; light cleaveth unto light; mercy hath compassion on mercy and claimeth her own; justice continueth its course and claimeth its own; judgment goeth before the face of him who sitteth upon the throne and governeth and executeth all things.
He comprehendeth all things, and all things are before him, and all things are round about him; and he is above all things, and in all things, and is through all things, and is round about all things; and all things are by him, and of him, even God, forever and ever.
The Law of the Harvest is simple: you reap what you sow. Instead of getting into Quantum Mechanics and blowing you away with the ingenious way that modern science explains this law; its best to use an Analogy. What perfect analogy to use then that of the Garden of Eden story? The story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden is more of an Allegory.
If you remember from the Bible, there is three trees represented: the Tree of Life, the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, and the Tree of Experience. All three of these trees are represented in the history of our lives, each of the three trees are as personal as we are. Both the Trees of Life and Knowledge are pure trees, while our Tree of Experience is often the product of grafting roots from the other two trees. The Tree of Life represents:
- Illusion of Power
To tell the truth, and this is where Quantum Mechanics comes into play; I believe by preaching avoidance the GAs are making it worse. This is why, by preaching to avoid Pornography the GAs are, in effect, creating Pornography for us to avoid. Or better yet, by following the counsel to avoid Pornography physically rather than spiritually; we are creating Pornography for us to avoid in ever and greater numbers because Pornography has to exist in order for us to avoid it!
When we avoid pornography, we are focusing our attention to the fact that Pornography actually exists and thereby causing Pornography to expand in greater and greater volume. For this is the Law of the Harvest: whichever we focus on becomes our reality. So in essence, we are creating the very social problems we are trying to solve. And because most Americans do not understand that we need to focus on changing the inside rather than the outside, Americans act in total hysterics over what they define as Pornography of every kind.
Cases in point from Diary of a Nudist:
In Tampa, a Marine Corps sergeant who served 9 months in Iraq, committed suicide rather than face the consequences of having been charged with possessing child pornography. His choices were apparently to fight the charges, or cop a plea and live the rest of his life as a registered pedophile. The sergeant chose the ultimate option of ending his life.
In October 2004, a CompUSA employee who was working on the sergeant's laptop computer found nude images of prepubescent girls. He was charged with a crime, lost all his friends, and was given a "less than honorable" discharge from the Marines. And it was all downhill from there.
The sergeant professed his innocence - his laptop was used by many people who could have downloaded the images. But nobody wanted to hear his story, and with $30,000 in legal fees hanging over his head, he shot himself.
A South Carolina high school student tried to show a nude photo of himself on his cell phone to a female student, who immediately reported the incident. The boy is currently in a detention center awaiting a bond hearing.
It's hard to believe, but 25% of readers polled found the latest issue of BabyTalk to be "inappropriate" because it shows a nursing baby and a side profile of a mother's breast. One mother who didn't like the cover explains she was concerned about her 13-year-old son seeing it. "I shredded it," said Gayle Ash, of Belton, Texas, in a telephone interview. "A breast is a breast — it's a sexual thing. He didn't need to see that." A sexual thing? Is the baby "turned on" by the nursing process? Is nursing a sex act?
So, what is to be done? Well, we can either destroy all means and all examples of electronic, print, art, and written communication to prevent Pornography from being transmitted. Or we need to change ourselves to something better; inside.
Wholesome social and family nudity seem to be the best answer to a culture and nation who are witch hunting for decency; and yet has a 4 billion dollar Pornography industry. What is wholesome social and family nudity? Basically the quality of recreation and living where we take our clothes off and act like civilized, decent human beings.
What? We take our clothes off and live as if we have them on? Yes. You see, Man isn't some stupid animal as most Evangelical Christians and Evolutionists would have you believe. A human being is fully capable of taking responsibility for himself or herself and governing himself or herself no matter what state of clothing he or she is in. Therefore, someone who practices social and family nudity in a way that is wholesome demonstrates that he or she can take their clothes off and control the drive to mate while naked in a public place. Wholesome social and family nudity is all about self control rather than control by others. Self government is the norm for Wholesome social and family nudity. And it does work, in amazing ways! Some benefits include:
- Improved Relationship with others: When naked and in control, we can gain a better perspective on our relationship with others. In fact, with our spouse or girlfriend, our relationships can run deeper because we won't be focusing on the outside since we are seeing the outside of that person. Relationships can become deeper on a mental, emotional, and spiritual level.
- Body and Self Acceptance: One of the problems for pre-teens and teens is self esteem. Believe me, I am speaking from experience. Everyone has seen Linus with his security blanket; well clothes became my false sense of security. I felt safe when covered by clothing from homosexual rapists that must have existed in my School Gym Shower. Little did I know that it revealed a problem for me: I didn't have good self esteem and I lived my life in fear of being raped or approached by a homosexual teen. When I discovered chaste nudity as a way to deal with Pornography, everything changed for me. I accepted myself and my own body. Of course, I want to exercise to look better for the girls.
- Body Demystification: I also speak from experience on this part. Growing up with hardnosed parents about what nudity is for ("Your nudity is for your wife and only your wife!!"), I became mystified with a Woman's body, and added that with the Law of Chastity; Women became somewhat of a sexual predator/victim for me. I wanted to know what the female areola and vulva looked like! I caught a full body fetish!!! Healthy, hardly. When I learned of Chaste Nudity and actually saw real women at nude activities and were not predating on me the female body was no longer mystifying to me and I actually saw the women for who they are and not as a sex predator/victim/object (yes, all three together).
- Apartheid Destruction: Feelings of sexism, racism, and caste went out the door when I saw people who has the exact same body plan (except for differences in sexual dimorphism and skin color). I saw in Wholesome Nudity the ideal of American and LDS society: a classless society where everyone can be regarded as the same no matter what creed, skin color, or sex. In a wholesome nudity environment, everyone is undressed exactly the same so there is no apparent image of rich or poor or middle class. Everyone is the same.
- Communication Expansion: In a social nudity environment, people can communicate with each other much better. This is especially true of me, who found it hard to communicate with his peers because I didn't feel equal to them. When I was nude with others in a social setting, and with out sexual congress, I could communicate better and apparently much more intelligently with others since they were communicating with me on the same level. This is true for everyone.