Sunday, June 19, 2011

One Skeleton?

Well, it wasn't just one skeleton.   It was a skeleton and a psion.

I have chosen to introduce my characters to the graveyard of Phoenicia on Thursday.  And I used a skeleton thief -- animated through psychic means -- to do it.  Just one skeleton thief.  That's it.  Nothing more, nothing less.

They, the players, took the bait.  I originally thought it was a lich, after all, why would a skeleton be moving around in the city?  Then I made it just a simple skeleton and see how the players reacted.

They reacted beautifully.

So, they chased the skeleton all the way to the graveyard.  One of them, however, became the victim of a T.K. maneuver power.  He was lifted into the air and then summarily dropped.

Yes, I know the power's description doesn't say "Lift into the air."  But it ain't fun if you can't do Jean Grey/Phoenix stuff in D&D or Pathfinder.

So, I sent a skeleton soulknife after them.  Word to the wise, the dice has worked against me, the DM.  I could have cheated, and have the skeleton soulknife rip them apart, but I let the dice stand. *shrug*  However, the best that GMs can do is fudge the dice when they need too in certain situations.  But it's best to play by the rules most of the time.

Anyway, the players are in an ancient crypt.  It isn't time to reveal the first hints of a really bad guy ( a psionic lich ), but perhaps it's time to do so.  Don't you think? ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...