Friday, February 20, 2009

Upgrading from DAZ Studio to Vue

I am seriously thinking of upgrading my tools: adding Vue 7 to my list of things to work with. Vue is touted as "incredibly easy to use." DAZ Studio is a great entry way into 3D, but Vue can do things that I can't do with DAZ Studio.

Here is a gallery on a Colleague's website that uses Vue.

Elfguy's Gallery

Another colleague's site:

Akbour's Gallery

Why upgrade to Vue? Well, I'm looking strongly at Vue 7 Pro Studio. It has features I like that I can't find in Carrara (competitive product from Digital Art Zone 3d). Like a plant editor, eco-system support, Render Farm support, and an import system that will import models from other software besides Poser and DAZ Studio.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vue is stunning. It's also way beyond my own humble abilities to master :D

My other half, on the other hand, is an expert. I just stand in her shadow.

Here's her gallery at renderosity (free reg required) containing a mixture of her Vue renders, photoshop work and fine art.

Elton said...

I have an account at Renderosity. Thank you! :D

Unknown said...

Elton, I think you have to change your point of view, using Vue is not upgrading, it is passing from one tool to another.
I use DS most of the time, I just love the way it works, it has become second nature to me, using plug-ins and add-ons, compositing later in Photoshop.
It is my vision of the image I want to create that dictates my choice of tool, when I need an atmosphere, open sky and such I use Vue, I want advanced lightning, especially volumetric lights, I use C4D. But most of the time the basic work is done in DS.

And just by the way, I changed a bit the layout of my site, so you'll have to change the link to my Vue-gallery. ^_-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...