Friday, December 11, 2009

The Triumph of Galatea


The Triumph of Galatea by ~Atlantean6 on deviantART

I hosted a "Name my Campaign Setting" poll or survey on Necromancer Games' message board and here. No one really voted here, but it was active on Necromancer Games.

GALATEA is the winning name for my campaign setting. This campaign setting is one that I've been working on for a while. Once it was named "The Known Lands" but the title has changed due to potential problems with copyright and intellectual property that other people might claim. Even though, "The Known Lands" have been developed separately and independently by three different people.

I'm planning on having Galatea be represented as a Goddess (one of the Ancients in Ancient Worship) in the campaign. As you know, the Campaign Setting is being written for the D20 System (3.5 revision) of the game. It's magic system is going to be the Dynamic Spellcasting system, and the classes included can come from WoW (Warlock, Shaman, Hunter, and now I'm wondering if I should include the Runemaster and Incriber).

Thanks to More Magic and Mayhem I can support:
* A comprehensive Alchemy rule system.
* A comprehensive system for Enchanting (and a PrC) meshed with the Dynamic Spellcasting System.
* New Spells
* New Magic Items (possibly.)

I'm grateful to Blizzard for their Dungeons and Dragons fandom and their willingness to go with the d20 system for their game. This is a good leap forward. Congratulations to the people on the Necromancer Games' board for being so willing to participate in the survey.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...